“Don’t limit yourself. Many people limit themselves to what they think they can do. You can go as far as your mind lets you. What you believe, remember, you can achieve.” ~Mary Kay Ash, founder Mary Kay Cosmetics
A great life doesn’t happen by chance. It’s the result of having goals and skillfully allocating your resources in order to reach them. These resources include your thoughts, time, and energy.
Ultimately, a great life comes from taking the 24 hours you’re given each day and using them in a wise manner. This is more effective than just dealing with the next item on your endless lis of chores or reacting to what’s happening around you.
The key is in being proactive to create the life you desire.
Consider making these action tips a part of your daily routine:
- Get started. Avoid waiting for the perfect time or you’ll be waiting forever. It may be tempting to keep putting things off until you reach some milestone. But instead, take the first step to realizing your success and start now.
- Create an excess of everything valuable. A great life is largely the result of having more than you absolutely need. You can apply this concept to time, money, fun, space, energy, love, friends, and anything else that matters to you.
- What if you saved 5 years of living expenses and had 3 days a week to do what you want?
- Wouldn’t it be nice to have so many friends that you could easily find someone available for a night on the town?
- Can you imagine making 5 times the amount of money you need to pay your bills and getting to enjoy your life?
- Simplify your life. Eliminate the things from your life that aren’t bringing you enjoyment or contributing to your success. Everything else is a distraction. By doing this, you free up the time and energy to focus on the important stuff.
- Prioritize. Give the most important items in your life the highest priority. Consider the people you know that seem to constantly struggle. You’ll likely see that their priorities aren’t leading them to success. If you focus on irrelevant things, your life doesn’t move in a positive direction.
- If you accurately prioritize and allocate your resources accordingly, success will be just around the corner.
- Choose the life you want. The only alternative is to rely on random luck.
- Remove the superfluous from your life. How many things in your life are physically and emotionally draining? Do everything you can to eliminate the distractions in your life and your energy level and productivity will soar
- Strive for excellence. Great lives come from great effort. Are you spending your time and money in the best way possible? Your best effort isn’t simply “trying really hard.” It’s also doing your best to figure out where to focus your energy. Be effective and efficient.
- Control your thinking. Taking charge of your thoughts is a huge priority. If you look at most of the previous tips, they’re about making it easier to control your thoughts.
- Simplifying, having priorities, and removing distractions will all help you to control your thoughts. The more time you can spend focusing on your goals, finding solutions, and believing, the more successful you’ll become.
Success is the result of simplifying, focusing your resources, and controlling your thoughts. You already have everything you need to get started. The other things you require will be found along the way.
Start implementing these ideas today. They’re the backbone for creating a life you’ll love.
Angela Atkinson is a certified trauma counselor and the author of more than 20 books on narcissism, narcissistic abuse recovery, and related topics. A recognized expert on narcissism and narcissistic personality disorder who has studied and written extensively on narcissistic personality disorder and narcissistic abuse in toxic relationships since 2006, she has a popular narcissistic abuse recovery YouTube channel. Atkinson was inspired to begin her work as a result of having survived toxic relationships of her own.
Atkinson offers trauma-informed narcissistic abuse recovery coaching and has certifications in trauma counseling, life coaching, level 2 therapeutic model, CBT coaching, integrative wellness coaching, and NLP. She is a certified trauma support coach and certified family trauma professional. She also has a professional PTSD counseling certification. Her mission is to help those who have experienced the emotional and mental devastation that comes with narcissistic abuse in these incredibly toxic relationships to (re)discover their true selves, stop the gaslighting and manipulation, and move forward into their genuine desires – into a life that is exactly what they choose for themselves.
Along with her solution-focused life coaching experience, Atkinson’s previous career in journalism and research helps her to offer both accurate and understandable information for survivors of abuse in a simple-to-understand way that helps to increase awareness in the narcissistic abuse recovery community. Atkinson founded QueenBeeing.com Narcissistic Abuse Recovery Support, the SPANily Narcissistic Abuse Recovery Support Groups and the Life Makeover Academy.
She offers individual and group coaching for victims and survivors of narcissistic abuse here at QueenBeeing.com and at NarcissisticAbuseRecovery.Online.