“When you look good, you feel good. Confidence with what you’re wearing is very important. If you feel good, you will always perform your best without worrying about anything.” ~Maria Sharapova
Did you know that you could instantly look thinner without actually losing any weight? While you’re waiting to see results from diet and exercise, there are ways to slim down instantly. Try these tips for your wardrobe, hair, face, body and mind.
Wardrobe Tips to Help You Look Thinner Instantly
- Wear one color at a time. Wearing a single color or similar shades for your whole outfit will help you to look thinner and taller. Black is a practical choice, but other colors can achieve the same effect. Solids are usually more slimming than prints.
- Ensure that your clothes fit properly. Wearing clothes that are too small makes you look bigger. Seek a comfortable fit and professional alterations if necessary. Get a personalized bra fitting at any department store periodically to keep up with any changes due to aging or weight fluctuations.
- Use undergarments with comfortable shaping. Body shapers and other compression garments are more comfortable than ever before. Invest in some strategic undergarments that will make all your clothes look better. I love Spanx–and just FYI, the Target cheapie version works great if you want to save a few bucks.
- Choose slimming pants. Look for pants with a flat front and minimal detail. Skip the pants with hidden zippers and no pockets. Pant legs with a slight flare can also help you to look trimmer (but to be fair, they’re currently on their way out!).
- Select flattering tops. Pay attention to the length of your tops. A top that ends below the waist will deflect attention from a thick middle. Similarly, a wide collar will help balance broad hips.
- Wear the right shoes. Chunky shoes can make your legs look thicker. Look for narrow pumps with a slightly pointed toe rather than square or rounded toes. Nude shoes are especially good because they make your legs look longer. Any heel can reduce your weight visually.
- Liberate yourself from the fear of swimwear. Many women shrink from shopping for swimwear but there are bathing suits designed for every body type. High cut legs can make you look thinner. Lightweight compression can keep you feeling comfortable and sleek.
More Tips to Help You Look Thinner Instantly
- Use makeup to make your face more angular. Iridescent powder can make your face look thinner instantly by creating contours. Brush it along your brow bones and the top of your cheekbones to bring out your bone structure.
- Make your eyes stand out. If your eyes look bigger, the rest of your face will appear smaller. Curl your upper lashes and apply extra mascara to your top outer lashes. Keep your eyebrows slightly arched and well groomed.
- Get a flattering haircut. If you want your face to look less full, try cutting your hair shorter. Instead of bangs, pull your hair away from your face to make your face look longer. Choose a hairstyle that adds a little height and fullness at the crown.
- Practice good posture. Develop strong abdominal muscles and hold your stomach flat at all times. Pull your shoulders back. It’s good for your health and makes you look leaner.
- If you must tan, get a safe tan. If you ask me, tanning is SO over. But if you think that tanning makes you look thinner, do it safely. Sunless tanning products have come a long way in recent years. Daily tanning moisturizers are one easy option to get a little color gradually without any increased risk of skin cancer or premature aging. I’d rather go with something like a moisturizer with a ‘glow.’
- Project a positive attitude. No matter what your dress or pants size is, you’ll feel more attractive when you cultivate a healthy sense of self-esteem and a genuine affection for others. Focus on your most attractive features and qualities.
- Get a leg up. Many successful dieters are using a supplement called all-natural, bee pollen-based weight loss supplements, such as the My BFF (Body Fat Formula) line, to give them a leg up in the competitionLearn more about My BFF all-natural weight loss supplements and purchase them here.
Looking thinner can help you feel more confident and give you the encouragement you need to stick with your fitness program. Simple adjustments to your wardrobe and beauty routine can have a huge impact on your appearance and your state of mind.
Do you use any of these tips already? Are there some you’ll try now? What do you do to look and feel your best? Share your thoughts and experiences in the comments section, below.