Hotness Tips: 42+ Ways to Look 10 Pounds Slimmer Instantly
Look 10 Pounds Slimmer Instantly: De-Bloat
I’m going to be honest with you–I’ve got issues with certain foods that I happen to enjoy. And since many of them are actually really healthy and good for me, I have to deal with occasional bloating. When you’re bloated, your entire body can seem to swell–and your tummy feels sort of like a puppy belly after chow time–tight and hard. It’s also most likely a few inches fuller than usual and your jeans might start feeling a little painful around your mid-section.
My favorite way to debloat instantly: I use The Greens (a 10-calorie drink) and it works crazy well. Like seriously. (Read how well right here.)
I’ve got a few other go-to meth0ds too–outlined for you right here: Bikini Emergency? 5 Tips to Instantly Relieve Bloating
Look Slimmer Instantly: Stand Up Straight
We’ve all run across someone in our lives who told us to “stand up straight, young lady!” but not all of us paid attention or stuck with our good posture. But I’m here to tell you–it matters. Here’s why.
Healthcare and fitness professionals around the world are seeing scary trends that are directly associated with poor posture.
Not only do studies indicate that poor posture affects the way people perceive you, the way you perceive yourself and your physical health, but the longer-term effects of NOT standing up straight are downright shocking.
In fact, according to Eva DaSilva, a professional pilates and posture instructor, it’s a real concern among those in the know.
“We’re really afraid that this continual postural habit is going to create so many health issues in the future,” she says.
Read More: Bee Hot: Improve Posture and Lose Weight
Look Slimmer Instantly: Change Your Hair
Any good stylist will tell you that a change in your ‘do can do wonders for your appearance and your attitude, but did you know that the right cut can actually make you appear much slimmer?
Read More: 10 Hairstyles That Instantly Make You Look 10 Pounds Slimmer from The Daily Makeover
It’s true! So go visit your stylist and tell her what you want!
Look 10 Pounds Slimmer Instantly: It’s All In Your Head Anyway
Each of us is a product of her own thoughts. That is, when we spend time stressing about what we don’t like and ignore those things we love about ourselves, we manifest more of those things we don’t like.
For example, if we want to get thinner and healthier, we set out to lose weight. We think about losing weight, we talk about losing weight and we focus on losing weight. So, we lose weight…and we then talk about having lost it, and so on.
However, this kind of thinking can lead to temporary success at best–because when you’re focusing on LOSING WEIGHT, you are bringing the need to lose weight back into your life, if you catch my drift.
Focusing on health instead, focusing on fitness, on feeling good…this is how to get there. Think in the affirmative–about what you WANT, not what you don’t.
Look 10 Pounds Slimmer Instantly: Take a Fashion Cue from My Black Friends
One of the many things I’ve learned from black women about being hot include embracing my body and not being afraid to dress it how I like–that all goes back to being confident in myself and being totally OK with my big butt. 🙂
Look 10 Pounds Slimmer Instantly: Don Your Shape Wear
Despite tirades against Spanx by various bloggers in the fat-acceptance and the feminist niches (such as this well-written one from Dances With Fat that I like so well I wish I could agree with all of it, but instead am about to respectfully differ in my opinion), I am 100 percent for wearing shapewear–but only if YOU CHOOSE TO DO SO!
I personally will wear it all day long if it makes me feel better that day–and, a la Tyra Banks, I’ll hike my skirt and show anyone who wants to see that right above my knees (or mid thigh, depending on the one I wear), I’m sporting Spanx (or whatever cheaper but equally effective brand I happen to buy). I won’t however wear it if it makes me physically uncomfortable. I just can’t–but that’s why stuff like Spanx works so well–it doesn’t “hurt” if you buy the right size.
So yep. There’s that.
6+ More Useful QueenBeeing Tips on Looking and Feeling Better
- Remember: Beauty Comes in All Shapes and Sizes
- Get Inspired: 100+ Beauty Quotes and Sayings
- ‘Good’ Hair: Basic Tips for a Beautiful ‘Do
- 14 More Ways to Look Thinner Instantly (Without Losing a Pound)
- Hot Wife Tips: Five Ways to Look and Feel Better, Right Now
- It’s All in Your Head: Why You Can’t Lose Weight (And How to Succeed)
20+ Tips From Around the Web on How to Look 10 Pounds Slimmer Instantly
- Eat Less “Bloaty” Food–Check out MindBodyExplore’s Top Ten Stomach Flattening Foods for help on what foods won’t cause bloat!
- 40 Fast Weight Loss Tips from NowLoss.com
- Take Off 10 Pounds in 10 Minutes: Style Tips from Prevention.com
- Guide to Looking 10 Pounds Thinner With Wardrobe Choices from Good Housekeeping
- Look 10 Pounds Thinner Instantly With These Moves from Fitness Magazine
- Busbee Style: How to 10 Pounds Thinner Without Losing a Pound
- Dr. Oz Show: How Celebrities Look 10 Pounds Thinner (Video)
- Glamour Magazine: Dress 10 Pounds Thinner
- ABC: Three High-Tech Diets that Work
- Ingrid Macher: A Quick Trick to Look 10 Pounds Lighter
- WebMD: How to Look Thinner Instantly
- Cosmo: A Tailor’s Advice on How to Look Sexier in Your Clothes
- Glo Stylist’s Tips for a Slimmer Waist
- Oprah.com: Dress 10 Pounds Slimmer
- Oprah.com: How to Dress 10 Pounds Lighter
- Dress 10 Pounds Slimmer by Michelle Meyer
- Dress to Look 10 Pounds Lighter (Petites) by Paula Darnell
- How to Dress 10 Pounds Slimmer by Cynthia Nellis
- Hub Pages: How to Look Thinner in Pictures
- Huggies Blog: Clothes That Take Off 10 Pounds, Guaranteed