Considering the Werewolf Diet? Read This …
If you’re sick of eating like a caveman on the Paleo Diet, you may be interested in the Werewolf Diet that celebrities like Madonna and Demi Moore are supposedly following. (No, seriously!)
This new fad is based on the theory that the moon pulls the water in our bodies the same way it governs ocean tides. While this might be a little more poetic than factual, followers are advised to eat based on moon cycles. It’s basically a one day fast plus vegetables with various plans for every lunar phase.
A brief summary of the Werewolf Diet, courtesy of :
“The only thing that makes sense about this diet is that if you have a very full moon, you may need to trim down,” says registered dietitian Bonnie Taub-Dix, who’s also an Eat+Run blogger. “Any diet that promotes fasting, cleanses or deprivation to this extent is not going to last.”
Yet advocates insist that the moon influences the water in our bodies, the same as it does the tides of the ocean. Humans are made up of about 60 percent water, and the thinking goes that when the moon is full or in a new phase, there’s a gravitational pull that affects how much water weight you gain or lose. As the website Moon Connection explains: “By fasting according to the phases of the moon, your body may respond even more powerfully by flushing excess water and toxins from your body.”
In non-werewolf speak, that translates to choosing one of two plans – the basic moon plan or extended version. The basic iteration calls for 24 hours of fasting during the full moon or new moon, when you’re permitted only water and freshly squeezed fruit and vegetable juice.”
Right, and the diet’s enthusiasts say you can lose up to 6 pounds in a day. Then again, most medical experts warn you’ll lose far less, and those pounds will be water weight that you’ll gain back.
The bottom line is that there are healthier and more effective ways to lose weight, at least as far as I’m concerned. If I were you, I’d skip the Werewolf Diet, and see what you can learn from horror movies instead.
Werewolf Habits That You Can Copy
- Exercise regularly. Stay active. Run through the woods or play a game of tennis.
- Enjoy nature. Outdoor settings help to make workouts more fun. Plus, scientists have found that the color green stimulates our minds and gives us more energy.
- Work out at night. Studies also show that exercising is beneficial at any time of day. If you work the late shift, find a 24 hour gym. As a bonus, there will probably be shorter lines for the equipment.
- Style your hair. Heavy fur tends to be the first thing you notice about werewolves. You don’t have to go that far, but use your hair or other best assets to enhance your appearance. Instead of waiting until you lose extra pounds, visit the salon now or update your wardrobe.
- Love your body. Werewolves are always rushing to strip off their clothes in public. That would get you arrested, but you can still appreciate your body and whatever shape you’re in. View losing weight as a gift to yourself rather than a punishment.
- Land on your feet. Werewolves can also fall from high places without breaking stride. Develop the resilience to persevere after you make a mistake.
- Howl sometimes. Sing out loud. Let musicians and stage actors know you enjoyed a great performance.
- Become a hero: While werewolves were once feared, their image is changing, thanks to modern comics. Act like a hero. Perform good deeds and rescue other creatures from suffering. A virtuous life will reduce stress and emotional overeating.
Werewolf Habits That Can Inspire You to Do the Opposite
- Go to bed early. Werewolves usually get into trouble when they stay out too late. Even if you never get bitten, an early and consistent bedtime will help you to stay well rested.
- Manage your appetite. If you’re devouring your food, cut back on calories by eating slower. Foods high in fiber will help too.
- Avoid overtraining. Feeling worn out after a nocturnal romp is one of the hardest things about being a werewolf. Fatigue and injuries could be signs that you’re pushing yourself too hard. Switch to gentler workouts to give your body more time to recover.
- Consult your doctor. Werewolves are notoriously careless about making medical appointments to get those bites checked out. You can be smarter by talking with your doctor promptly about any symptoms that concern you.Enjoy moonlight and werewolf films, but stick to a sensible diet. Lifestyle changes, like eating more vegetables and exercising daily, provide a better way to manage your weight.
Angela Atkinson is a certified trauma counselor and the author of more than 20 books on narcissism, narcissistic abuse recovery, and related topics. A recognized expert on narcissism and narcissistic personality disorder who has studied and written extensively on narcissistic personality disorder and narcissistic abuse in toxic relationships since 2006, she has a popular narcissistic abuse recovery YouTube channel. Atkinson was inspired to begin her work as a result of having survived toxic relationships of her own.
Atkinson offers trauma-informed narcissistic abuse recovery coaching and has certifications in trauma counseling, life coaching, level 2 therapeutic model, CBT coaching, integrative wellness coaching, and NLP. She is a certified trauma support coach and certified family trauma professional. She also has a professional PTSD counseling certification. Her mission is to help those who have experienced the emotional and mental devastation that comes with narcissistic abuse in these incredibly toxic relationships to (re)discover their true selves, stop the gaslighting and manipulation, and move forward into their genuine desires – into a life that is exactly what they choose for themselves.
Along with her solution-focused life coaching experience, Atkinson’s previous career in journalism and research helps her to offer both accurate and understandable information for survivors of abuse in a simple-to-understand way that helps to increase awareness in the narcissistic abuse recovery community. Atkinson founded QueenBeeing.com Narcissistic Abuse Recovery Support, the SPANily Narcissistic Abuse Recovery Support Groups and the Life Makeover Academy.
She offers individual and group coaching for victims and survivors of narcissistic abuse here at QueenBeeing.com and at NarcissisticAbuseRecovery.Online.