On Day One of Project Blissful, we remind ourselves that we have the power to change our lives. Here are today’s affirmations, self-reflection questions and mini-project.
Quote of the Day
“If you can dream it, you can achieve it.” ~Zig Ziglar
I have the power to change myself.
I am confident in my ability to effect change in my world. When I want or need something, I am capable of producing it in my life. Of course, this ability extends to me, too. I have the power to change myself.
The ways I naturally am and how I choose to operate in the world suit me just fine. However, sometimes I find a better means of accomplishing things in my life. When this happens, I move to make changes.
Whether my progress comes slowly or quickly, I notice change taking place and congratulate myself for my diligent work.
To support myself in altering my habits, I nourish all areas of my life. I get plenty of rest, exercise to keep my mood up, and eat foods that invigorate me. Also, I set aside a little time just for myself each week. All of these practices give me the strength to make the changes that I desire.
Each day, I am thankful for my belief in myself.
This self-confidence supports my ability to make changes. Whether these modifications are small, such as choosing a more efficient route to work, or big, like maintaining a more positive perspective, I know I always have the capability to reshape myself as I like.
Today, I am thankful for my self-confidence and ability to make changes in my life. I seek out opportunities to continue to change myself to more closely resemble my highest vision of me.
Blissful Bits: Try this on your way to bliss!
Each day, we’ll have a few Blissful Brainstorming questions to help you along your path to bliss.
Answer in the comments section, below, or in your personal Project Blissful Book or any notebook. Alternatively, post your answer in your own blog and link back to this post. Then, post your link in the comments section, below!
Blissful Brainstorming Questions
1. What are some positive changes I have made in myself in the past year?
2. What are some things I have become good at by practicing?
3. How can I cultivate my self-confidence and ability to effect change in my life?
Mini-Project: Start a journal for your personal Project Blissful.
1. Get a “Bliss Book.” One major component of Project Blissful will be your Bliss Book. Whether you choose to purchase a Project Blissful Bliss Book or you use a regular notebook, commit to yourself and this journey you’re beginning by consecrating a particular notebook or journal “My Bliss Book.” Not a journal kind of person? No problem.
2. Create a “Bliss Blog.” You may also choose to chronicle your journey in the form of a blog. If so, I recommend that you either start a fresh blog or add a special “Project Blissful” category to your existing blog. Feel free to link back to our Bliss Mission each day, and don’t forget to post your link in the comments so we can help cheer you on!
How to Use Your Bliss Book or Blog
In it, you can write down affirmations and quotes that speak to you, answer your daily reflection questions and journal about your day-to-day progress on your own personal Project.
Today, that’s your only assignment–get a binder, journal, notebook or sketch pad and designate it your own personal Bliss Book. Then, answer the first set of Blissful Brainstorming questions (above) in the notebook.
Today’s Recommended Reading