So, my pal Elaine, who writes, has tagged me! This is a fun one, similar to those I’ve seen floating around Facebook lately, but with a twist. Check it out!
Once you’ve been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about your spouse/significant other. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it’s because I want to know more about your spouse too.
25 random things about my spouse/significant other
1. He has the most beautiful turquoise blue eyes.
2. When we were dating, he would never pass gas in front of me. One night, he was so miserable that I just told him to “let it out, baby.” He did. And hasn’t stopped since.
3. He makes me laugh. A lot.
4. We are very compatible in the most important ways, but we rarely enjoy the same movies.
5. We both loved our daughter’s name from the first time we discussed it, before we even knew she was a girl. We considered other names, but none could compare to Sophia.
6. Our middle son’s name was far more difficult to agree on. We finally chose Noah because it was the only name we had in common on our short lists. It fits him perfectly.
7. He showers every single day, even on the weekends, even if he’s going nowhere.
8. I have to coax him out of bed almost every morning. He’s not a morning person.
9. He can’t get enough Mountain Dew.
10. He has several life-long friends.
11. His side of the family rocks (as, of course, does mine.)
12. Our two youngest children look nothing like me. They look just like their dad, and I couldn’t be happier because they’re gorgeous. 🙂
13. Our oldest son asked my husband to be his dad when he was four years old. He just officially became an Atkinson yesterday.
14. On our first date, I was shocked that I had the urge to kiss him before we even left the restaurant.
15. He’s recently been directly hired by the company he’s worked with as a contractor for more than four years.
16. He has great hair. Some men would kill for hair like his.
17. He refuses to use any products in his hair, with the exception of Pert Plus shampoo. Only the regular kind, nothing fancy.
18. He rarely wears cologne but somehow smells amazing anyway.
19. On our first Christmas together, I spent a lot of money buying him new clothes. He didn’t wear any of them.
20. He got down on one knee, read me a poem he wrote, and presented me with a diamond ring when he asked me to marry him. I will never forget it. I still have the poem in a box.
21. He will eat almost anything I cook, but he will let me know in no uncertain terms if he doesn’t like it.
22. He usually likes it.
23. He plays baby dolls with my daughter almost every day, just because she loves it so much.
24. He’s taught both of our sons to use computers and play PC games at a level beyond my own. They are 11 and 5.
25. He always comes through when it counts.
So…on with the tagging. In the interest of time, I’m only tagging five. I hope you’ll forgive me. 🙂
Hugo & Roxanne from Believe Achieve
Maricel from Momhood Moments
Alyssa from Random Thoughts of a Tangled Mind
Petra from The Wise Young Mommy (who, by the way, is currently seeking a talented Dad blogger to fill in for a few months, in case you’re interested. Check her blog for details!)
Chris from Crazy List (because I haven’t heard from him in too long!)
I know you’re all utterly thrilled that I’ve tasked you with such an assignment, but if you find yourself stressing about it, feel free to disregard the tag. I will tell you that it’s kinda fun and certainly helps you to appreciate what you’ve got!
And, to the rest of my blogging friends, I ask you to think of five things you love about someone in your life. And then smile. 🙂