Do you suspect that the person you’re dating is a narcissist? How can you tell if you’re dealing with a narcissist or just someone with who you don’t get along personally? Take the self-assessment test here and find out if you’re involved in a relationship with a narcissist now.
How do you know if you’re dealing with a narcissist?
Nearly anyone can end up in the clutches of a narcissist, whether they’re your spouse, boss, friend, parent, co-worker, or even child. This isn’t something that just happens to certain “dumb” people, or to those who are in any way lacking – in fact, it most often happens to intelligent, capable and empathic people. A lot of times, you’re in deep before you know what hit you.
In fact, most of the time, it’s not until you’re totally codependent that you even realize that there’s something kind of…off…about the person you’re involved with; and it’s not until you’ve become incredibly, deeply infatuated that you find yourself here, looking for answers.
A narcissist can be charming, especially when they’re in “acquisition mode,” also called love bombing or hoovering – but once they’re sure they’ve got you wrapped around their little finger, you’ll begin to see their true face – and trust me, it’s not pretty. But how can you tell if you’re dealing with a narcissist or just someone who isn’t right for you?
Take the Test: Are you involved in a relationship with a narcissist?
That’s why I’ve developed this brief quiz to help you figure out whether you’re in a relationship with a narcissist, or there’s something else happening. It won’t cost you a thing – but it can help determine whether the person you’re concerned about is a narcissist – and whether it’s directly affecting you.
Start Getting Help with Narcissistic Abuse Recovery Today
Online help is readily available for survivors of narcissistic abuse. Here are some options to begin healing from narcissistic abuse right away.
- Sign up for our free email newsletter service that includes a free guided recovery experience via your inbox.
- Start your narcissistic abuse recovery here with our free narcissistic abuse recovery support system and program.
- Think you might have C-PTSD, but you’re not sure? Then, take our free C-PTSD Self-Assessment.
- Join one of our free online narcissistic abuse recovery support groups!
- Join one of our private small coaching groups!
- Get private, one-on-one narcissistic abuse recovery coaching or counseling.
- Get a therapist who will work with you online. Check out our guide to finding a therapist or psychologist who understands narcissism and narcissistic abuse.
Related helpful resources for survivors of narcissistic abuse
- Codependency and Narcissism in Relationships: A Toxic Combination
- Narcissistic Abuse Recovery: Find the Light at the End of the Tunnel and Be Brave
- The Narcissist’s Soulmate Scam: Identifying a Love Bomber
- Are you married to a narcissist? 12 easy ways to spot
- Secrets and Self-Loathing: Identifying a Covert Narcissist
- This is the Only Way to Communicate With a Narcissist Effectively
- Narcissistic Altruism: The Gift That Keeps On Taking
- Narcissistic Rage and Narcissistic Injury: What You Need to Know
- Twisted Toxic Love: Inside the Distorted Mind of a Narcisssist
- How Did I Fall Victim To A Narcissist?
Angela Atkinson is a certified trauma counselor and the author of more than 20 books on narcissism, narcissistic abuse recovery, and related topics. A recognized expert on narcissism and narcissistic personality disorder who has studied and written extensively on narcissistic personality disorder and narcissistic abuse in toxic relationships since 2006, she has a popular narcissistic abuse recovery YouTube channel. Atkinson was inspired to begin her work as a result of having survived toxic relationships of her own.
Atkinson offers trauma-informed narcissistic abuse recovery coaching and has certifications in trauma counseling, life coaching, level 2 therapeutic model, CBT coaching, integrative wellness coaching, and NLP. She is a certified trauma support coach and certified family trauma professional. She also has a professional PTSD counseling certification. Her mission is to help those who have experienced the emotional and mental devastation that comes with narcissistic abuse in these incredibly toxic relationships to (re)discover their true selves, stop the gaslighting and manipulation, and move forward into their genuine desires – into a life that is exactly what they choose for themselves.
Along with her solution-focused life coaching experience, Atkinson’s previous career in journalism and research helps her to offer both accurate and understandable information for survivors of abuse in a simple-to-understand way that helps to increase awareness in the narcissistic abuse recovery community. Atkinson founded QueenBeeing.com Narcissistic Abuse Recovery Support, the SPANily Narcissistic Abuse Recovery Support Groups and the Life Makeover Academy.
She offers individual and group coaching for victims and survivors of narcissistic abuse here at QueenBeeing.com and at NarcissisticAbuseRecovery.Online.