HEV light is also known as high-energy visible light and is the blue light that electronic screens emit. If you use a phone, computer, tablet, or other device with a modern screen, then it’s probably emitting HEV light.
HEV light can cause serious health challenges, but there are things you can do to reduce the danger to your health.
Consider these factors:
1. Health and aging concerns. One of the biggest concerns with HEV light is its impact on your skin.
HEV light is able to penetrate deep into your skin and can cause premature aging. The light is able to go farther than UVB or UVA rays. It can reach the collagen layers under your skin. This makes it dangerous and harmful.
- Research shows that HEV light can cause hyperpigmentation. This results in patches of the skin becoming darker than other areas. They are also called dark spots.
2. Sleep concerns. Multiple studies have shown that blue light affects your sleep patterns.The blue light that comes from electronic devices can suppress melatonin in your body. However, you need melatonin to sleep properly. This can create a vicious cycle of not being able to fall asleep or to stay asleep.
- Research reveals that people who use electronics before going to bed or while in bed have more issues with their sleep.
Reduce Your Danger From HEV Light
1. Sunblock remedies. Some experts believe that wearing regular sunblock will help block HEV light from reaching the deep layers of your skin. This is still being studied, but sunblock may help you avoid some of the harmful rays.
2. Reduce electronic usage. One of the most effective ways to stop the damage from HEV light is to use fewer electronics throughout the day.
- Turn off your devices more often and enjoy the world around you. If your work requires you to use devices with screens, make a special effort to reduce your usage on the weekends.
- Try to avoid watching screens for 2 hours before bedtime.
- Put more distance between your face or other body parts and the screens. Avoid holding them too closely for a long period of time.
3. Turn off blue light. Some devices such as tablets let you turn off the blue light. This feature is often called sleep mode or another similar name. However, many users complain that it creates a new, weird color and makes it harder to read things on the screen.
4. Protect your skin. A healthy diet with antioxidants may offer some protection for your skin. Skin creams or lotions designed to help restore the dermis may also help protect your skin and repair the damage from HEV light and other sources such as UVA or UVB rays.
HEV light can negatively affect your health. Avoid neglecting your well-being just so you can check another email or message! Reduce your usage of modern electronics and take steps to alleviate the damage from your devices.
Angela Atkinson is a certified trauma counselor and the author of more than 20 books on narcissism, narcissistic abuse recovery, and related topics. A recognized expert on narcissism and narcissistic personality disorder who has studied and written extensively on narcissistic personality disorder and narcissistic abuse in toxic relationships since 2006, she has a popular narcissistic abuse recovery YouTube channel. Atkinson was inspired to begin her work as a result of having survived toxic relationships of her own.
Atkinson offers trauma-informed narcissistic abuse recovery coaching and has certifications in trauma counseling, life coaching, level 2 therapeutic model, CBT coaching, integrative wellness coaching, and NLP. She is a certified trauma support coach and certified family trauma professional. She also has a professional PTSD counseling certification. Her mission is to help those who have experienced the emotional and mental devastation that comes with narcissistic abuse in these incredibly toxic relationships to (re)discover their true selves, stop the gaslighting and manipulation, and move forward into their genuine desires – into a life that is exactly what they choose for themselves.
Along with her solution-focused life coaching experience, Atkinson’s previous career in journalism and research helps her to offer both accurate and understandable information for survivors of abuse in a simple-to-understand way that helps to increase awareness in the narcissistic abuse recovery community. Atkinson founded QueenBeeing.com Narcissistic Abuse Recovery Support, the SPANily Narcissistic Abuse Recovery Support Groups and the Life Makeover Academy.
She offers individual and group coaching for victims and survivors of narcissistic abuse here at QueenBeeing.com and at NarcissisticAbuseRecovery.Online.