Thanks to my background and my work in the field of helping people recover from narcissistic abuse in relationships, I get plenty of questions every day from readers and clients alike.
Today, I thought it would be helpful to share the top 12 most-often asked questions in regard to narcissism in relationships and narcissistic abuse recovery. Each question below is answered in detail – you’ll see the full answers when you click through.
- What are the top 10 warning signs of being gaslighted by a narcissist?
- How far will a narcissist go to get what he/she wants?
- How do you control a narcissist?
- How do you know if you’re married to a narcissist?
- How is toxic narcissism different than healthy narcissism?
- How do you begin to heal from dissociation after narcissistic abuse?
- What is narcissistic rage? What about narcissistic injury? What else do I need to know?
- Why can’t I just leave my narcissist already?
- How Did Self-Proclaimed Narcissist Sam Vaknin Gaslight You on Facebook?
- Why does the narcissist blame me for everything?
- How does a narcissist think? What goes on inside his head?
- What are some of the stages of gaslighting?
You might also like to check out my Post-Gaslighting Emergency Recovery Kit (PERK), which is free, or one of the many resources at the Narcissism Abuse Recovery Support Coaching Center.
Your Turn: Ask me anything! What are the biggest questions on your mind in regard to narcissism in relationships or narcissistic abuse recovery? Share your thoughts and experiences in the comments, below.
Angela Atkinson is a certified trauma counselor and the author of more than 20 books on narcissism, narcissistic abuse recovery, and related topics. A recognized expert on narcissism and narcissistic personality disorder who has studied and written extensively on narcissistic personality disorder and narcissistic abuse in toxic relationships since 2006, she has a popular narcissistic abuse recovery YouTube channel. Atkinson was inspired to begin her work as a result of having survived toxic relationships of her own.
Atkinson offers trauma-informed narcissistic abuse recovery coaching and has certifications in trauma counseling, life coaching, level 2 therapeutic model, CBT coaching, integrative wellness coaching, and NLP. She is a certified trauma support coach and certified family trauma professional. She also has a professional PTSD counseling certification. Her mission is to help those who have experienced the emotional and mental devastation that comes with narcissistic abuse in these incredibly toxic relationships to (re)discover their true selves, stop the gaslighting and manipulation, and move forward into their genuine desires – into a life that is exactly what they choose for themselves.
Along with her solution-focused life coaching experience, Atkinson’s previous career in journalism and research helps her to offer both accurate and understandable information for survivors of abuse in a simple-to-understand way that helps to increase awareness in the narcissistic abuse recovery community. Atkinson founded QueenBeeing.com Narcissistic Abuse Recovery Support, the SPANily Narcissistic Abuse Recovery Support Groups and the Life Makeover Academy.
She offers individual and group coaching for victims and survivors of narcissistic abuse here at QueenBeeing.com and at NarcissisticAbuseRecovery.Online.