You know that your health is important, and that daily exercise can cut your risk of disease while dramatically increasing your energy. But how do you fit a workout into your busy schedule? Are you too tired after a hard day of work to take advantage of a gym membership? Thankfully, it’s possible to stay fit without missing a beat of your busy lifestyle.
Who needs expensive, cumbersome exercise equipment or the daily commute to the gym, when you can get valuable, heart pumping exercise almost anywhere?
How to Lose Weight Fast Without Exercise Equipment
Try these easy tips to get and stay fit around your home or workplace:
Take a walk. Walking is one of the most accessible forms of exercise. You can incorporate more steps into your day by simply walking around the block during lunchtime or taking the stairs instead of the elevator. Even if you exercise regularly at a gym, walking can supplement your routine for more energy and a leaner body.
Tip: Consider purchasing a pedometer that counts your steps. Wear it all day, and write down the number of steps you’ve taken at the end of the day. Each week, set a daily goal of steps and increase that goal each week. You’ll be surprised how your mind finds ways to get more steps into your daily routine.
Try a body wrap and get your greens. Certain herb-and-plant-based nutritional supplements and products are aimed at helping to slim you down and tone you up without any exercise at all. While there are some that are primarily made up of diruetics and laxatives, It Works! products are all natural (and they actually work). I personally love and use them (read about why I love it here).
Practice breathing exercises. As often as possible, focus on your breathing. Learning to relax and slow down your breathing will do wonders for your physical and mental health. You’ll handle stress better and meet the challenges of your life with more effective responses when you learn to relax under pressure by focusing on your breathing.
- Tip: You can focus on your breathing anywhere. When you’re stuck at a red light, use the time to relax, instead of getting frustrated at the delay. In between activities or duties at work, take a breathing break. And, when you start to feel stressed, take just a few seconds to breathe deeply and refocus on solutions. Use this technique: Close your eyes (if you’re not driving, of course), and slowly inhale through your nose. Then exhale slowly through your mouth, pause, and repeat a few times. Place your hand on your stomach, covering your belly button. If you’re breathing correctly, your hand will slowly rise and fall.
Drink lots of water and eat nutritiously. Drink as much water as possible to keep your body well hydrated and functioning at peak efficiency. Think of the food you put into your body as fuel for your life, and choose to fuel your body with high-energy foods that keep you fit.
- Tip: Eat as many fresh fruits and vegetables as possible. Fill your dinner plate with vegetables and a smaller portion of meat and carbohydrates. Eat fruits for an energy-producing alternative to candy bars or other sugary snacks.
Exercise for at least 10 minutes per day. You can exercise anywhere, without using special equipment. Examples of exercises you can do without a gym membership or expensive equipment are push-ups, skipping rope, stretches, and crunches. In as little as 10 minutes a day, you’ll notice a huge difference in how you look and feel.
Get plenty of rest. The amount of rest each person needs varies. The important thing is that you make it a priority to get to bed early enough that your body gets adequate rest. If you feel groggy every morning, consider going to bed earlier or finding a way to get in a short 15 to 30 minute power nap during the afternoon.
When you put these tips into practice, starting today, you’ll experience a greater sense of vitality and self-confidence. With these simple techniques, the only thing that stands between you and the new fit you is action!
Helpful Affirmations for Losing Weight Fast
- My weight loss goals are attainable.
- My accomplishments include great triumphs in school, my career, and family matters.
- Weight loss may be a challenge, but I know that my weight loss goal can be achieved just as I tackle other challenges in my life and win!
- For a driven person like me, losing weight is more like a game rather than a burden. Each pound I lose is a sign of my strength and determination.
- By placing such a positive spin on my efforts to lose weight, I increase both my confidence and my will to succeed.
- My weight loss goals are perfectly achievable. I set a reasonable timeline to lose weight and milestones to let me know how far I have come. Each time I reach a milestone, I treat myself to a movie or a gift unrelated to food.
- Rewarding my achievements, no matter how small, gives me the motivation to keep on going.
- I can have my cake and eat it too. But, I always make sure that it is angel food cake with a natural fruit topping! Choices like this let me enjoy the sweets I crave in healthier, smaller-calorie ways. The more I learn about food, the more pleasing choices I can find.
- Like a game, I can find ways to prevent me from sabotaging myself, and win! Just as I can find tasty foods that are healthy, I also find fun ways to exercise.
- With my positive mindset, the pounds just seem to be melting off! I am eating healthily, exercising regularly, and controlling my cravings.
- Today, I keep my eye on the prize: fitting into my skinny jeans! I am actively working towards regaining the beach body that I once displayed proudly.
1. Am I losing weight to please myself or someone else?
2. Am I truly overweight or am I simply striving for perfection?
3. How can I curb cravings to stay strong in times of weakness?