What is narcissistic abuse?
While not all abuse involves narcissists, in a large percentage of abuse cases, a narcissist is involved. Malignant narcissists are those who have little to no empathy for the people around them and who act from that perspective. That is: they don’t care how you or anyone else feels, and you can tell because of the way they treat the people around them. Narcissistic abuse involves subtle manipulation, pervasive control tactics, gaslighting, and emotional and psychological abuse.
Many narcissistic abusers might be diagnosed with narcissistic personality disorder – if they actually go to a psychologist for diagnosis, but this rarely happens as narcissists don’t feel that there’s anything with them. They may be overtly narcissistic, or they may be more of a covert narcissist. In either case, anyone in a close relationship with one of these toxic people will be used as a form of narcissistic supply and not treated like an actual person. Sadly, even the most intelligent and educated people can be manipulated and abused by a narcissist.
Narcissistic Abuse Awareness: This is What a Relationship With a Narcissist Is Like
Use this video to help friends and family members understand how it feels to be with a narcissist and what the psychology of these toxic relationships is really all about.
Helpful Information for Narcissistic Abuse Recovery
- Think you might be a victim of narcissistic abuse? Take this test and find out.
- Narcissistic Abuse Recovery Support Groups
- 101 Struggles Only Narcissistic Abuse Victims and Survivors Will Understand
- Narcissistic Abuse and Isolation: Feeling Alone in a Crowd
- Believe it or not: This is THE Most Soul-Crushing Part of Narcissistic Abuse
- Lonely After Narcissistic Abuse? How to Make New Friends AND Keep the Old
- Answered: What’s the worst part of emotional abuse?
- Top 25 Narcissistic Abuse Recovery FAQ | QueenBeeing
- Why Therapy Might Not Always Work for Narcissistic Abuse Recovery | QueenBeeing
- Therapists, Countertransference and Narcissistic Abuse Recovery | QueenBeeing
- Narcissistic Abuse Recovery Therapist? Why traditional therapy for narcissistic abuse doesn’t work | QueenBeeing