Learn to Recognize Fibromyalgia Symptoms
Fibromyalgia symptoms will often show up as common aches or pains. You might even blow off the symptoms not realizing how ill this condition can make someone feel. Because the condition is not yet fully understood, your family doctor can easily overlook the warning signs.
- Having muscle pain is a sign you could have this medical condition but because muscle pain is a common complaint, most people never seek treatment and when they do, it’s often mislabeled as a sprain or other muscle injury.
- Fatigue is often another overlooked sign that someone is struggling with fibromyalgia. Being tired is common and is nothing to be concerned about. Fatigue is different from tiredness in that it’s a complete weariness, exhaustion that is not replenished by resting.
- Whenever you feel tired and go to sleep for the night or take a nap during the day yet you wake still feeling the same deep tiredness, that’s a clue there’s something going on in the body that needs to be checked out.
- There are more serious fibromyalgia symptoms you need to be familiar with. If you sit or remain prone for a while only to find you have difficulty getting your muscles and joints to work when you try to move, that’s a sign that needs to be brought to the attention of your doctor. Too often stiff muscles and joints are passed off as a sign of getting older. Any limit in mobility should be evaluated.
- Sometimes you might discover that your sense of concentration isn’t as sharp and that you can’t remember things as easily. Having unexplained pain in your body can be a sign of this condition as can a change in bowel habits.
- Experiencing bouts of extreme dizziness – from feeling slightly off-balance to thinking the room is spinning is also a symptom. All these are part of the signals your body gives out trying to get your attention to let you know that something is wrong in the body.
- If any part of your body loses sensation or you get a “pins and needles” feeling in your hands or feet not caused by them ‘going to sleep’ because you’ve been sitting the wrong way, then you should make an appointment with your doctor for a full examination. Because the fibromyalgia symptoms can range from mild to severe and can change depending on the time of day, you might not be aware that something is wrong.
Unfortunately, this condition doesn’t simply clear up on its own and if you don’t get the medical treatment to deal with fibromyalgia, it can significantly impact your health and affect the quality of your lifestyle.
Angela Atkinson is a Certified Life Coach and the author of more than 20 books on narcissism, narcissistic abuse recovery and related topics. A recognized expert on narcissism and narcissistic personality disorder who has studied and written extensively on narcissistic relationships since 2006, Atkinson was inspired to begin her work as a result of having survived toxic relationships of her own.
Atkinson offers trauma-informed coaching and has certifications in life coaching, level 2 therapeutic model, CBT coaching, integrative wellness coaching, and NLP. She is a certified trauma support coach and certified family trauma professional. She also has a professional PTSD counseling certification. Her mission is to help those who have experienced the emotional and mental devastation that comes with narcissistic abuse in these incredibly toxic relationships to (re)discover their true selves, stop the gaslighting and manipulation and move forward into their genuine desires – into a life that is exactly what they choose for themselves.
Along with her solution-focused life coaching experience, Atkinson’s previous career in journalism and research helps her to offer both accurate and understandable information for survivors of abuse in a simple-to-understand way that helps to increase awareness in the narcissistic abuse recovery community. Atkinson founded QueenBeeing.com Narcissistic Abuse Recovery Support, the SPANily Narcissistic Abuse Recovery Support Groups and the Life Makeover Academy. In her life coaching practice, Atkinson’s clients enjoy her personalized approach that allows and encourages them to become the best possible versions of themselves and to succeed in doing what they love most. She offers individual and group coaching for victims and survivors of narcissistic abuse at NarcissisticAbuseRecovery.Online and NarcissismSupportCoach.com.