“I want to feel my life while I’m in it.” ~Meryl Streep
What do Jada Pinkett Smith, Shaun Robinson and Meryl Streep have in common (outside of being in the entertainment industry, anyway)?
Well, according to what I’ve been hearing, there’s one obvious factor: each is regularly standing up for herself and what she believes – and often, for other women.
I don’t know about you, but I call that BRAVERY. You want examples? Okay. Check these out.
Robinson to Leave ‘Access Hollywood’ to Join Kerry Washington for Hot TV Deal To Empower Women – I love seeing a celebrity who really cares about PEOPLE, and that’s exactly what I believe Shaun Robinson is showing us all right about now. According to the Inquisitr, Robinson will leave her regular post on ‘Access Hollywood’ in order to join actress Kerry Washington in a new project that’s designed to empower women. Check it out and let me know what you think. Inquisitir.com
Yet Another Reason to Love Meryl Streep– “The impossible just happened: Meryl Streep became even more fierce. Most people know her as one of the greatest actresses of all time (or, simply, Miranda Priestly). But many might not be aware that Streep is also a force to be reckoned with off-screen — particularly when it comes to advocating for equal rights and female empowerment. And never was that more apparent than this week. “Bustle
STRONG WOMEN: Being Brave the Easy Way
Being brave is hard sometimes – especially when we’re venturing into an unknown territory. If you ask me, it’s all about how you look at things – but today’s post isn’t all about my opinion or experience.
What would you do if you had no fear? Imagine standing up for your convictions and taking risks to go after the things that are important to you.
There are two major schools of thought about courage. You might act boldly because you are fearless. On the other hand, you might feel anxious, but forge ahead anyway because you decide that the rewards are worth it.
Either way, courage is a skill that you can cultivate. Use this 3-step plan to conquer your doubts and face the things that scare you.
FIRST: Build up Your Faith
1. OWN IT. Value yourself. Know that you’re worthwhile. Bravery comes down to making yourself vulnerable because the rewards justify taking the risk. Ask yourself how far you’ll go to live out your dreams.
2. CALL IT. Call on your strengths. Believe in your abilities. Reflect on your past accomplishments and understand your potential.
3. CONNECTION. Connect with the divine. Reach out to something bigger than yourself. Set aside time each day for prayer and meditation. Discover what your faith tradition teaches about the nature of courage.
NEXT: Team up With Others
1. Look for partners. We’re more powerful when we act together. Surround yourself with friends and allies who share your aspirations. Put together a team that complements each other’s abilities. Be a collaborative leader who engages others and encourages innovation.
2. Select inspiring role models. It’s good to have heroes. Find a mentor who has the qualities you want to possess. It may be your college professor or a character in your favorite novel.
3. Share moral support. Sometimes the most valuable things we give each other are intangible. Empathize with your friend when she is struggling to start dating again after a divorce. Be thankful when she validates you the next time you’re steeling yourself for a sensitive conversation with your teenage son.
FINALLY: Practice Makes Perfect
1. Distinguish between feelings and actions. We usually need to act if we want our fears to dissolve. Showing yourself that you can succeed even when you feel anxious teaches you to tackle challenges. The good news is that it becomes easier each time.
2. Take small steps. Start out with something modest. Schedule that dental checkup you’ve been putting off.
3. Master your timing. Gambling wisely means recognizing the opportune moment. Determine when you have the resources to move ahead. Your small business is more likely to thrive if you write out your business plan and line up investors.
4. Manage stress. Staying fit prepares you to be more adventurous. Protect your body from the consequences of chronic stress so you have greater energy and strength.
5. Think positive. Resolve to be optimistic. Stay hopeful by focusing on what you have to gain. Picture your boss being impressed by your proposal to save money on shipping costs and shorten delivery times.
6. Hang in there. Have the courage to persevere when success fails to come instantly. Difficult tasks may require sustained time and effort.
7. Be sensible. At the same time, you want to pick your battles. Being courageous is different from being reckless. Look out for your safety and the wellbeing of those around you. Plan ahead so you’ll be ready to deal with the outcomes of your decisions. Celebrate your victories and learn from your mishaps.
Cultivate the courage to push beyond your comfort zone. It’s okay to feel a little afraid as long as you keep working towards your goals. Being brave empowers you to enjoy a richer life and accomplish more.
Your Love is My Drug: How to Shut Down a Narcissist, Detoxify Your Relationships & Live the Awesome Life You Really Deserve, Starting Right Now – Are you tired of feeling like you’re not good enough? Do you wish that someone in your life would just put your feelings first, for once? Or maybe just to consider you at all? Tired of being told you’re the crazy one as you deal with mind games at home or work? You might just be involved with a narcissist. Learn how to redefine yourself as an individual and start on the path of rediscovering yourself and your own identity. This book doesn’t ask you to do anything you’re not ready to do, and it’s not going to tell you to end the relationship no matter what. Instead, it offers a detailed blueprint on various options you have to deal with the toxic relationships in your life and helps you to learn how to take the upper hand with narcissists and come out on top. Amazon.com
Angela Atkinson is a certified trauma counselor and the author of more than 20 books on narcissism, narcissistic abuse recovery, and related topics. A recognized expert on narcissism and narcissistic personality disorder who has studied and written extensively on narcissistic personality disorder and narcissistic abuse in toxic relationships since 2006, she has a popular narcissistic abuse recovery YouTube channel. Atkinson was inspired to begin her work as a result of having survived toxic relationships of her own.
Atkinson offers trauma-informed narcissistic abuse recovery coaching and has certifications in trauma counseling, life coaching, level 2 therapeutic model, CBT coaching, integrative wellness coaching, and NLP. She is a certified trauma support coach and certified family trauma professional. She also has a professional PTSD counseling certification. Her mission is to help those who have experienced the emotional and mental devastation that comes with narcissistic abuse in these incredibly toxic relationships to (re)discover their true selves, stop the gaslighting and manipulation, and move forward into their genuine desires – into a life that is exactly what they choose for themselves.
Along with her solution-focused life coaching experience, Atkinson’s previous career in journalism and research helps her to offer both accurate and understandable information for survivors of abuse in a simple-to-understand way that helps to increase awareness in the narcissistic abuse recovery community. Atkinson founded QueenBeeing.com Narcissistic Abuse Recovery Support, the SPANily Narcissistic Abuse Recovery Support Groups and the Life Makeover Academy.
She offers individual and group coaching for victims and survivors of narcissistic abuse here at QueenBeeing.com and at NarcissisticAbuseRecovery.Online.
We are all going through a difficult time as our community is grieving the loss of our coach and guiding light, Angie Atkinson. All refunds will start processing in January. Please get in touch with us about any refunds that we need to give out. You can contact us at...
If you're struggling to recover from narcissistic abuse, you might be interested in learning about Neuro-Linguistic Programming or NLP. It's a surprisingly simple yet highly effective treatment for symptoms of complex post-traumatic stress disorder (C-PTSD)...
[web_stories_embed url="https://queenbeeing.com/web-stories/https-queenbeeing-com-how-psychopathic-gambling-addicts-will-ruin-your-life/" title="Scientists Link Psychopathy to Gambling Addiction – And It Only Gets Worse – New Research"...
Get Guided Help with Your Recovery & Stay Up to Date With The Latest News & Updates