Is there such a thing as a monogamous narcissist? Why do narcissists want monogamy when they really want attention from everyone else? Today, I’m answering a question for a viewer, Shawna, who asks: “Please do a video on why narcissists attempt monogamy when they really want attention from so many different people. I don’t understand their over the top fixation on one person but playing the field.”
- Can Narcissists Love?
- Narcissists and the Double Life
- Why Narcissists Cheat
- 10 Weird Reasons Narcissists Get Married
- How to Leave a Narcissist
Did you know?
- 22 percent of men and 14 percent of women admitted to having sexual relations or infidelity adultery outside their marriage sometime in the past.
- About 60 percent of men and 40 percent of women will have an affair at some point in some marriage, according to Monogamy Myth
- 5 percent of married men and 3 percent of married women reported having sex with someone other than their spouse in a sexual infidelity survey conducted in 1997.
- 17 percent of divorces in the United States are caused by marital infidelity.
Angela Atkinson is a certified trauma counselor and the author of more than 20 books on narcissism, narcissistic abuse recovery, and related topics. A recognized expert on narcissism and narcissistic personality disorder who has studied and written extensively on narcissistic personality disorder and narcissistic abuse in toxic relationships since 2006, she has a popular narcissistic abuse recovery YouTube channel. Atkinson was inspired to begin her work as a result of having survived toxic relationships of her own.
Atkinson offers trauma-informed narcissistic abuse recovery coaching and has certifications in trauma counseling, life coaching, level 2 therapeutic model, CBT coaching, integrative wellness coaching, and NLP. She is a certified trauma support coach and certified family trauma professional. She also has a professional PTSD counseling certification. Her mission is to help those who have experienced the emotional and mental devastation that comes with narcissistic abuse in these incredibly toxic relationships to (re)discover their true selves, stop the gaslighting and manipulation, and move forward into their genuine desires – into a life that is exactly what they choose for themselves.
Along with her solution-focused life coaching experience, Atkinson’s previous career in journalism and research helps her to offer both accurate and understandable information for survivors of abuse in a simple-to-understand way that helps to increase awareness in the narcissistic abuse recovery community. Atkinson founded QueenBeeing.com Narcissistic Abuse Recovery Support, the SPANily Narcissistic Abuse Recovery Support Groups and the Life Makeover Academy.
She offers individual and group coaching for victims and survivors of narcissistic abuse here at QueenBeeing.com and at NarcissisticAbuseRecovery.Online.