“The predator wants your silence. It feeds their power, entitlement, and they want it to feed your shame.” ~Viola Davis
Let’s talk about narcissists and their sense of entitlement, shall we? As infuriating as it can be, a lot of us sort of miss the sense of entitlement in our list of issues with them. That’s because it is one of those sort of sneaky personality traits that allows narcissists to feel justified in their abusive behavior toward the people in their lives.
So let me ask you: do you know an entitled narcissist?
Fact: Narcissists are known for their sense of entitlement – in addition to their lack of empathy and selfish behavior. Today we’re covering the narcissist’s sense of entitlement, including their unreasonable expectations of especially favorable treatment or requirements of your automatic compliance with their expectations. It’s always all about the narcissist. Today, we’ll learn how to manage and deal with the narcissist and their big, often unearned, sense of entitlement.
In this video, I’ll fill you in on how people with NPD (and other cluster b disorders) tend to use manipulation to get what they want from people who suffer from codependency – and it’s so much deeper than just gaslighting…
Start Getting Help with Narcissistic Abuse Recovery Today
Online help is readily available for survivors of narcissistic abuse. Here are some options to begin healing from narcissistic abuse right away.
- Sign up for our free email newsletter service that includes a free guided recovery experience via your inbox.
- Start your narcissistic abuse recovery here with our free narcissistic abuse recovery support system and program.
- Think you might have C-PTSD, but you’re not sure? Then, take our free C-PTSD Self-Assessment.
- Join one of our free online narcissistic abuse recovery support groups!
- Join one of our private small coaching groups!
- Get private, one-on-one narcissistic abuse recovery coaching or counseling.
- Get a therapist who will work with you online. Check out our guide to finding a therapist or psychologist who understands narcissism and narcissistic abuse.
Can you relate to this video? Are you dealing with a toxic narcissist in your life? Find out for sure, learn how it’s affecting you and figure out how to heal with the quizzes below. Each quiz is free and will direct you to resources that might be useful in your recovery from narcissistic abuse.
- Is Your Relationship Making You Sick? (Quiz)
- Are you dealing with CPTSD? (Quiz)
- Which recovery program is right for you? (Quiz)